Sunday, January 28, 2007
Saturday, January 27, 2007
I WOULD have given the 50,oooth visitor to my blog a cool prize, but, as with most of my hits, it ended up being some dork in the middle of nowhere searching for a picture of Britney's nipple. Oh well!
|71.233.50.# (Comcast Cable)|
|English (United States)|
|Internet Explorer 7.0|
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; AT&T CSM7.0; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; Media Center PC 4.0)
|Jan 26 2007 7:19:37 pm|
|Jan 26 2007 7:19:40 pm|
|Jan 26 2007 9:19:37 pm|
Thursday, January 25, 2007
Sunday, January 21, 2007
How vain am I exactly?
Anyway, as a faithful reader of this stoopid blog, you may recall my hair cut story from a few years back. Unfortunately, that guy up and quit just a few months after our "relationship" began, much to my disappointment. But things are suddenly looking up!
Earlier this week, with our company pictures approaching, I decided to stop at Sport Clips for the first time ever. It's located just as you get off the highway here in Castle Rock and they cater to men with sports constantly running on monitors around the joint, and sports hats and other crap to purchase. Besides, there's no Floyd's here, and I’m over the dimwitted trash that make up the majority of the Super Cuts. So, I stopped in to this sports-themed men's hair "salon" on Tuesday evening, and I was very surprised by the service!
For only $20, you get a hair cut, shampoo (to get the little cut pieces out of yer head), a head massage, a hot towel treatment with a face massage, and a shoulder massage with a newer version of those hand-held electric shoulder massager thingies! FOR $20!!! Also, you can purchase 6 in advance for only $90 (that's a $30 savings, yo) and you get FREE neck trims between hair cuts!
OK, enough pumping this place up, because there's a weird coinky-dink part of this story. After I sat in the chair, the girl cutting my hair (Shawna) asked me if I lived near by. I said my wife and I just moved in a few miles up the road. Shawna said she lived up the street as well and asked which development we moved into, I said Castle Oaks. Shawna said, "Me too!" In fact, Shawna and her husband Josh live across the street and 3 doors down from us! Weird, eh? (Sorry, I spent a lot of time hanging with our Canadian office at our National Sales Conference this weekend.) Anyway, Shawna moved here back in late July and said the people on our long cul-de-sac are a lot of fun. There are a bunch of young kids, and over the summer they would gather every weekend and hang out in the street around a fire pit. This is something that makes Katy and I very excited, because that's exactly what we were hoping for - a fun and social neighborhood! With our plans for adopting a kid in the works, hopefully we've found a great neighborhood to start a family!
Oh, and my hair looks great to boot! Thanks, Shawna!
KNOCK IT OFF!
We get it, now enough with the freakin’ snow!
Seriously, every dang weekend since that big ol’ 3’ monstrosity you dumped on us just before Christmas, we’ve had snow. EVERY weekend! There is so much ice buried under the packed snow on our neighborhood streets, I can’t even get my car up the hill to get out of the neighborhood – and we’re only the second house in. Looks like my wife picked a bad week to get t-boned in her AWD. Don’t worry, she’s OK, but she’s renting an Impala because
Thanks, thanks a lot!
Thursday, January 11, 2007
Wednesday, January 10, 2007
Monday, January 08, 2007
Congrats to NICHELLE! She knocked out Derek in the first week of the playoffs with the tie-breaker and has won the 2006 PAFC Pick'Em Contest, um, Thing! YAY!
Here are their picks from last week:
38 total points - 43 scored, off by 5
Indianapolis - YES
Dallas - NO
Patriots - YES
Eagles - YES
35 total points - 43 scored, off by 8
Another close one!
Here's what the winners are getting:
Nichelle will get everything above - a metallic mini helmet with the PAFC logo on it, a custom PAFC ringer t-shirt, a copy of the latest and greatest PAFC mixed CD – More Cowbell, and a custom PAFC bumper sitcker!
Derek will get a micro helmet with the PAFC logo on it, a custom PAFC value t-shirt, a copy of More Cowbell, and a custom PAFC oval sticker.
Tommy B will get More Cowbell and a PAFC button.
WAY TO GO EVERYONE! Your prizes are coming when I get around to it!
Wednesday, January 03, 2007
THAT is a good question!
The videos are fun, and I'm sure I'll keep posting them now and then, but only when I see something I really like. Contests? Oh, there will still be contests! But don't expect a fantasy baseball sleepfest or anything.
COMEDY! Yes! Comedy and sarcasm - that will run amuck! But scheduled? Yeah, I doubt it.
Basically, this blog will no longer be forced and scheduled - it will be fun and random! And there is no way in hell I will ever let anyone tag me again, after I post what Collin asked me to:
5 Things You (Probably) Don't Know About Me:
- I pick my nose. Yep, a lot. In the car, in bed, on the toilet, just whenever I can or need to.
- I was born in Heidelberg Germany. My dad was stationed there in the Army. We lived there for a few months after I was born, moved to Vicenza Italy for a little while, and then moved back to Colorado and I've been here ever since (less 4 years at Creighton in Omaha).
- I've never done any illegal drugs. I only know of a few people who can claim this as well. I'm not trying to be high and mighty, I just never had any urge to smoke pot or anything else. If that's your thing, well then good for you - just don't do it around me because it makes me very uncomfortable.
- I want to be on Saturday Night Live. That is my ridiculous dream - to be on SNL as a host or castmember or special guest - whatever!
- Flying, buzzing things really freak me out. Flies or bees - anything that makes a noise, is small, and can buzz by your ear. I freakin' HATE those things and always have!
Instead of doing a year in review or a top 10 of 2006 list, I'm basically gonna list some things that I am willing to never have to see or hear about again:
- Britney, Paris, Lindsay - OK, all celebrity gossip! I don't care, and I'm sad for those who get wrapped up in all of it. If whatever Donald Trump said about Rosie actually affects your day and/or mood, then YOU are why 95% of the rest of the world hates America.
- Bush Bashing - this is SO 2 years ago. Get over it, he's still in office! Don't worry, it will change in a few years. Besides, most people that rip on the President can't make a decent argument as to WHY they are ripping on him. I know this was the thing to do before the '04 election, but now it's so cliche it's annoying.
- Kanye West - The stoopid media inflated this guy's ego so far that he LITERALLY thinks he's Jesus Christ. I'm sure the crown of thorns Rolling Stone magazine cover didn't help. But anyone who feels they need to rush the awards stage when they DON'T win only so they can complain and bitch about why they SHOULD have won needs to get over themselves in a HUGE way!
- Reality TV - I don't care what show it is, the only good reality TV is FAKE reality (The Office, Reno 911, etc.). And while I'm here, the new gameshows like Deal or No Deal and Identity are just weird, confusing and dumb. Can't people write a decent TV show anymore? Oh, wait - they can, but America is too stupid to watch it! Why is Dancing with the Stars getting more viewers than Studio 60? Anyone? Seriously???
- The commercialization of Christmas - unreal! And why must we cater to the 2% of the population that is offended by Christmas? Even Jews don't care if you celebrate Christmas! Why? Because they celebrate their own holiday. Oh, and Christmas is a Christian celebration, not a gift-giving exercise!
Monday, January 01, 2007
So, um, now what?
Let's see - Derek and Nichelle are tied for first with 156 points each. Tommy B. is the clear-cut 3rd place finisher. So, to break the tie, we're going to have a playoff in week 1 of the playoffs!
So, to determine the winner, Derek and Nichelle must pick the first round of playoff games, and give me a total amount of points scored for the Giants/Eagles game!
Here are the (mostly) final results!
|Group Listing For: PAFC |
Thanks to all who participated! I hope you had as much fun as I did.
PS - stoopid Broncos!