Monday, January 18, 2010

I'm a Loser, and So Are the Chargers!

Or, at least, I'm trying to be.

Thank GOD for my co-workers organizing a Biggest Loser competition at the office, because I needed this big time.

Look, I joined LA Weight Loss a little over 4 years ago and learned how to eat properly. Good food choices, correct portion sizes, how often, how much, etc. Apparently it didn't take me long to forget it all, because just a year or two later the 40 pounds I lost pretty much all came back. I even started pretty good last year, losing 10 quickly, but just fattening back up to my jelly self.

This year, my boss started a Biggest Loser competition at the office and I opted in ($50 buy-in). After week one, I gained almost a pound, and then I got pissed. Hey, I'm proud of the others for losing the first week, and not everyone remembered to weigh in, but I was the only one that gained that week. Well, of the people that weighed in, I was the only one that gained. In my typical fashion, I made light of it by replying to all on the contest update email by saying, “Oh, we're supposed to go the OTHER way! Got it!” But deep down, I was pissed. And I knew exactly why I was up, and it was simply horrendous choices over the weekend. I swear I lost 2-3 pounds during the week, but made a gluttonous spectacle of myself in a mere 2-3 days. That blew it all.

I think I've got this figured out again, and I am determined to stay on track and hit my goal! I'm making the right choices, getting a little exercise in, and being inspired by simply wanting to compete and get my money back. Besides, I work with really good people. Despite a few days of rib-nudging “sabotage” (OK, so I brought in 3 boxes of Tasty Kakes and threw them on other people's desks), we are starting to push each other, help each other, support each other, share some ideas about what to eat, walk together (thanks, Pouxie!), and even piss each other off enough after a good week to want to try harder. Hey, worked for me after week 1, because I'm now down 5 pounds after week 2. 35 to go!

We headed up to Fort Collins to have dinner with our CiCi right in the middle of the Chargers v Jets game. It was only 7-0 Chargers, and I thought, “Looks like a typical top 4 playoff for the Super Bowl.” I was DELIGHTED with the outcome, mostly because Philip Rivers is a prick. Really. Love to see pain on his face more than I love to see it on Jay Cutler's. And for a team led by a rookie QB to go into SD and break the Charger's 11 game win streak? Comical!

Yes, I predicted an Eagles-Chargers Super Bowl, but I don't care that I was wrong. I simply want to see New Orleans and Indy since they were clearly the best teams this season.
Everything you ever wanted to know about Pat Angello - sorry!