Sunday, June 22, 2008

Burried Treasure Indeed!

It's flashback time - pun intended.

Remember the J. Geils Band? LOVED these guys and I still listen to Freeze Frame all the time (my baseball batter-up intro song is on there: "Insane, Insane Again"). Anyway, you may be wondering what happened to these guys after that very successful album. Well, lead singer Peter Wolf took a hike. The band went on to record one more album of new material, You're Gettin' Even While I'm Gettin' Odd, after Wolf left. He was not replaced, and keyboardist Seth Justman took over most of the vocal duties. The album produced only one single — "Concealed Weapons", which I again absolutely loved. In fact, I searched for this single for years and years and then finally found it on, um, Napster. Shhh! Anyway, the recording was full of vinyl pops, but it's still on my iPod because it's great! Don't believe me? Check out the cheesy video below! Even without Wolf, this song still sounds like it could be right off Freeze Frame!

Enjoy:





YAY!!! If anyone knows where I can find You're Getting Even, let me know! And NO I'm not paying $600 for the used import CD on Amazon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YO!
Check your email, I think I found your song!!

Everything you ever wanted to know about Pat Angello - sorry!