Sunday, November 04, 2007

Overheard at the local Wal-Mart


OK, first of all, don't judge us for shopping at Wal-Mart. I know, it's evil - whatever! We have a baby and the place is cheap. Granted their employees lack in, well, pretty much everything. I found a great new drill that I wanted to buy, but there was only a display model. In fact, all of the drills that had cords only had display models - no inventory. Maybe they were kept somewhere else? So, we asked. "Uh, I dunno - I think we're out of 'em." Us, "Do you have more coming in?" Wally, "We might - I dunno. I only work weekends."

But wait, that wasn't the best part of our trip!

I think I counted 27 people in camouflage - all genders and all ages!

Wait, that wasn't the best part either!

During our 45 minute wait in line to buy 15 items (stoopid 10-item limit at the "speedy checkout"! BTW, Katy made a joke that the guy behind us had a clean-shave when he got in line - I turned around and he looked like professor Dumbledore, but less gay), I overheard the cashier in the line next to us explain why the lines were long and there weren't enough checkout lanes open. She said, "Out of the 120 people who applied to work here last month, 8 passed their drug test."

That's right - EIGHT! I'm not missing any numbers, I didn't mistype, and I'm as blown away as you are! That is less than 7% of potential Wal-Mart employees that can pass a drug test! In Castle Rock no less!

Now I know why the majority of Wal-Mart employees are AARP members.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Oh my God! That's unbelievable! So do you drive around town now and think most of who you come into contact with is high?

Everything you ever wanted to know about Pat Angello - sorry!