OK, I swear to write about something other than Beauty & the Geek...No, really - it's all about the nerds this season, at least for me it is. Here's what we're watching/DVRing:
- Desperate Housewives - still trying to recapture their magic from season one, the show is better than last year, but not quite as entertaining as the first season.
- Family Guy - just because, ya know, it's there.
- Chuck - I have to admit, I hated the print ads for this show. If I had to look at Chuck with that stupid, "What? I'm just an average nerd who doesn't know what's happening to me!" look, I was gonna puke. Then I watched the show and just fell in love with it. Great characters all around, and it's executive produced by McG (Charlie's Angels) who loves a good, hot cat fight - every week! The show is well done all around, and I get a kick out of the play on Best Buy's Geek Squad with Buy More's Nerd Herd.
- How I Met Your Mother - still a fun show, mostly because of Barney!
- Big Bang Theory - a fun new sitcom full of more nerds. Two brainiacs (I stole that from their website!) have a new, hot neighbor across the hall and one brainiac thinks he's got a shot. No matter what, their buddy Howard (Simon Helberg from Studio 60) absolutely steals the show. Good stuff!
- Heroes - 'nuff said!
- Rules of Engagement - OK, I'm in love with Megyn Price and I'm not afraid to admit it! Besides, Patrick Warburton is pretty entertaining as well with his signature delivery.
- Journeyman - so far, not bad. There are some interesting twists each week and you never feel like you've got it all figured out. The acting isn't great, but the plot makes up for it.
- CSI: Miami - this..................is the only CSI I still care about.
- Beauty & the Geek - shuddap - there's nothing else on!
- Reaper - more nerds doing the Devil's work. They had me when they used a song by !!! (Chk, Chk, Chk) in the pilot.
- Um, did I just say I was watching 2 CW shows? Wow!
- House - still pretty interesting, but too many cast members now.
- Pushing Daisies - quirky and a little off, and includes another nerd! Anyway, maybe there is a point to bringing people back to life simply to touch them back to death within a minute. Um...
- Private Practice - this is my wife's actually. I have watched the show with her, and it's OK. Not great, but she enjoys it. We both agree that the creators of Grey's Anatomy are stretching themselves thin on both shows and it, well, shows in the dialogue.
- Criminal Minds - gave it up because 1) it was too gruesome and 2) Mandy left the show.
- Bionic Woman - started to watch it, and appreciate the plot, but the dialogue is written by a 3rd grader, who is NOT smarter than a 5th grader, so, um, no.
- Kitchen Nightmares - scar, and I don't have room for it.
- Dirty, Sexy Money - YES! This is a pretty fun dramedy with just about anything you could ask for. Peter Krause ROCKS!
- Ugly Betty - gave it up. Liked it, but didn't absolutely love it.
- My Name is Earl - still cracks me up. Car spoon!
- 30 Rock - another of the few great sitcoms.
- Grey's Anatomy - again, my wife's show. Her theory is that once you hit the top, there's nowhere to go but down. She still appreciates the show, but thinks they are losing it just a little.
- The Office - gets bigger and better every week - that's what she said.
So that's about it! We just use Friday to get caught up on everything we recorded. Oh, and I'm still addicted to SNL.