Sunday, October 07, 2007

Can I Be Frank?

I wish!

For those of you who have been watching any post-season baseball on TBS*, you've probably seen ads for a new show called Frank TV. This show stars a comedian named Frank Caliendo, who is a darned good impersonator. The promos for his new series show him impersonating people like John Madden, George W., Al Pacino, etc. Anywho, as you may or may not have seen, I've been doing an impression of Jerry Seinfeld at the age of 5** - twice at Freak Train***. The clip is on You Tube, and, um, I've got the link around here somewhere... Hang on a second, THER- no, ummm, ah-HA - HERE IT IS! So, you can watch if you want, or not, but I'd like you to at least look at the comments section - people are actually comparing me to this Frank guy! His link will probably be just to the right of my video so you can check him out as well. Anyway, I think my impression is pretty good, so he needs to invite me on his show and we can do duelling Jerrys on his show!

I feel like I'm a tearful "Leave Owen Wilson ALONE" rant away from my own reality show!

--------

*The disappointment in the voices of the TBS broadcasters after learning the NLCS would feature two NL West teams was absolutely pathetic. Forget promoting the Cinderella run of the Rockies, or the fact that BOTH the Rox and the D-Backs were not good teams last year (NL West basement dwellers at 76-86) and have been able to turn things around this season. Hell, these idiots on TBS have no clue who any of these players are, and weren't even trying to figure it out - they all assumed their presence was a mistake that would be taken care of by the end of the first round! I know for a fact that all their announcers predicted the Phillies would beat the Rox, but our boys swept the cheesesteak eating bastards! HA! Deal with THAT, Cal Ripken Jr.!!!

**This impression just might happen again, with even MORE impressions to follow, at the next open-mic night at Java Guru in C-Rock (Friday, October 26th).

***Yeah, I repeated a skit! Why? Well, because I didn't record it the first time. Unfortunately, the first one was better than this recorded one. Maybe I was nervous because I was being recorded, or maybe I just pushed a few jokes too hard. Regardless, this isn't the best delivery of this routine. Oh, speaking of Freak Train, puppets will return to Freak Train on Monday, October 29th!

1 comment:

Derek Knight said...

you're right, the TBS announcers were so blatant in their hope that Philadelphia could still mount a comeback that they made me sick. remember, the media exists on the coasts, we're "flyover country" to them. Fuck them, that's what I say.

Anyhow, yay puppets! The Spooky Singing Ghost will be making his ethereal return to the Train the same day and THIS time, he's bringing a ghoulish guitar player...Spooky.

Everything you ever wanted to know about Pat Angello - sorry!