Sunday, May 06, 2007

Fashion Disasters on Public Transportation


I know, it’s par for the course, but what kind of friend would I be if I didn’t share these findings with you?

If I’ve said this once, I’ve said it a thousand times - sports jerseys should NOT be tucked in to your jeans! It doesn’t matter if it’s baseball, football, hockey, soccer, basketball, bowling or badminton, the jersey stays out of yer pants! I saw a guy at a hockey game once who not only tucked his jersey in his jeans, but he also folded and rolled up the sleeves and his pant legs. He looked like he was about to explode! Heck, if yer dorky enough to tuck the jersey in, you might as well go for broke and tuck your pant legs into your socks!

Wife beater t-shirts are not appropriate attire for going out in public unless something is worn over them. There is a reason they call this "underwear"! Just wear ANYTHING over it, please! Especially if you’re going to put your arm around your girlfriend on the train and set you pit on top of the seat back. Eww! I don’t know where your pit has been, but I DO know that I don’t want to think about things like that when I lean my head back on the train.

Let me start this paragraph by saying, I’m not skinny. Also, I have no problem with people who battle with weight issues, but some people need a little humility and should dress appropriately. For instance, hip-hugger jeans are not for everyone. If you have thin hips and a rollie-pollie belly, nobody wants to see your muffin top spilling over your tight little jeans. Even if your keeping it all in a t-shirt that reads "Do FRIES Come with that SHAKE?"

It’s a wig - we all know it! Nobody says, "Oh, look at that bald guy!" Everybody says, "Oh, look at the guy in the wig!"

Finally, 2 blast from the past videos! This song is suddenly popular in about 3-4 current TV commercials, but these are the best versions. God bless Jim Henson - he was a genius!

From the Muppet Show:

From Sesame Street, 1969:

YAY!

4 comments:

Heather said...

Where to start - I love those videos but that song will be rolling around my head for weeks!!

Muffin toppers drive me CRAZY!!!

Bill Purdy said...

"...nobody wants to see your muffin top..."

HA!

Derek Knight said...

but her muffin top brings all the boys to the yard. Or so I'm told.

Thomas said...

my little girl (10 months old) loves manamanah... i believe this is the very first skit ever on the muppet show. i use this song to get other songs unstuck from my brain. somehow it doesn't replace it.

Everything you ever wanted to know about Pat Angello - sorry!