Sunday, August 20, 2006

20 Years? REALLY?

My lovely wife is all gung-ho about our 20-year high school reunion coming up in ’07. She is co-chair of the committee, and I am the web site administrator for the Class Report CCHS class of ’87 thingy. Anyway, we had the first committee meeting on Saturday afternoon and it was, well, amazing.

Don’t get me wrong here; I’m not overly excited about the reunion. I’m sure it will be a very fun event and all, and I’m looking forward to helping with organizing it. But I was sitting across from a girl that I didn’t know in high school and never spoke with really until that night. This isn’t really that odd, as our graduating class was 985 people. But when the guy sitting next to me asked her what she did for a living, she didn’t want to say. She was afraid we’d make fun of her, whatever. Then we finally got it out of her – she is a pet therapist.

I started to laugh a little at first, but she started talking about stuff – how she hears things and sees things that most people can’t. Yep, I’m talking spirits! Now, I told her that I am very interested in this kind of thing, but I’m also very skeptical. If I don’t experience a ghost or whatever first hand, I simply have a hard time believing in them. I’ve heard some great stories from other people, and those stories freak me out and give me the chills. She didn’t really want to tell us much at first, but I told her I really wanted to know what she sees. She claims that if she doesn’t acknowledge the spirits around her, they touch her to make her pay attention. So I asked her who she saw around me.

She started to explain that there was a younger woman behind me, maybe an aunt, and then the guy next to me freaked out and had to get up and walk away. DAMN! She was afraid to go too far into things because some people get really uncomfortable. But we slightly changed the subject and she talked about things that really started to freak me out. She spent a lot of the evening sharing things about me, my family, my friends, just from hearing their name and age. It was really spooky, and I was very thankful that she was willing to talk to me for so long. I felt like I was totally taking advantage of her, but she kept saying that she really liked me and enjoyed talking to me.

So believe what you want to believe. Go ahead and leave me a smart-ass comment. I don’t care! Because when she said things about me that nobody really knows, and told me things about other people with little or no information, I totally freaked out. She gave me chills, and she honestly made me cry. I could have talked to her for days!

She better be at the next meeting!

2 comments:

Heather said...

I totally believe in that sort of thing - - Dad told you about my psychic great grandmother when you came down for the podcastin'...his whole family is like that!

Derek Knight said...

spooky.

Probably a cold-read, but still. Spooky.

Perhaps you should be a part of the 2 big Halloween-themed awesomecasts.

Everything you ever wanted to know about Pat Angello - sorry!