Monday, July 17, 2006

BACK, sorta...


OK, so I'm back among the living! After 3 days in Boston, (almost) 1 day at home, and 2 days in South Fork, I'm kinda beat.

Boston was kind of yucky. It rained most of the time, and always when I had free time from the convention. Basically, all I saw in Boston was their cool convention center and cabs. Thanks to the collapsing ceiling on the main tunnel, a 2 mile cab ride cost me about $20 from the airport to the convention center. Yay! At least I had the hilarity of watching the huge thumb-neck driver trying to stay comfortable in the taxi. The good part about the trip? I walked away from the show with 8 new T-shirts and a whole gaggle of funky pens and other schwag. How many stress balls and nylon brief cases does one really need?

South Fork was pretty fun too! This was a mini family reunion for my mother-in-law's side of the family, some of the same ones we went to Fergus Falls to visit at Easter. We got to do a little light rafting with the young'uns, which wasn't much fun for whomever (me for 2.5 hours of the ride) was sitting in the back of the boat trying to control them. Um, FUN! Then we went into a store a Johnny Cash's version of Hurt came on the radio as we were leaving the store. Our 9-year-old nephew didn't want to leave the store because it's his "favorite song." I thought he was being silly, so we told him we had the song in the car, because we did. As soon as we got into the car, he was asking for it. When we put the song on, he and his 5-year-old brother proceeded to sing every single word! I was kinda shocked! Oh, and we got to go to Logger Fest! If you haven't seen Logger Fest, you haven't lived! Seriously.

OK, not really...

We WOULD have had a great dinner with Derek and the clan in the Springs if the SOB turned on his stinkin' phone on Sunday!

I'm putting in a ton of hours this week, so you'll get some stuff later.

5 comments:

Bill Purdy said...

I missed you. I really did. Glad you're back.

Click here to see our friend Andy's band's new video!

Bill Purdy said...

Oh, and by the way, something I read over at my blog yesterday made me laugh.

Are you really thinking of keeping your hair that short?

Pat Angello said...

You still have a blog? Huh!

Derek Knight said...

sure, the ONE TIME I charge up my phone and you call. I'M NEVER TURNING IT OFF AGAIN!

Squatchy said...

He never turns his phone off. It never rings except for me. The one time he actually charges it and you call. Sorry it would have been fun.

Everything you ever wanted to know about Pat Angello - sorry!