Tuesday, May 23, 2006

What a Day


Today, 5/23, is and always will be a special day in my life. You see, today is the 8-year anniversary of the day I married the most wonderful woman ever to walk the face of the earth. So, Katy, I just wanted to tell you that I love you with all of my heart and you mean absolutely everything to me!

Now, that's not all that makes this day special. 10 years ago, my father successfully underwent a quintuple bypass surgery. As I sat in the waiting room for 7 hours, completely nervous and scared, all I could think was that I haven’t accomplished anything. Here I was at the age of 27 and I haven’t even made a relationship last longer than 6 months. He couldn’t die yet, because he hasn’t met my wife or my children. Then again, neither had I. By the grace of God, my father was off all machines and trying to talk right out of the surgery. I’ve been fortunate enough to bring Katy into my family. She’s done nothing but gracefully become an addition that is loved by all members of my family, which makes me extremely happy and lucky.

Finally, 10 years ago was also the day that my best friend Bill Purdy moved to NC. At first it seemed like a temporary thing as his job took him out there, but now it seems like he’s there for good. The bad news is that I miss him a ton, even though we talk daily by email, IM, or phone. Heck, we even play X-Box live every now and then. The good news is he has a wonderful wife and child and a great life in NC. I’m very happy for him!

So today is a special day for me. If you know any of the people I’ve mentioned above, please let them know how much I adore them.

8 comments:

Princess Katy said...

Happy Anniversary Baby!! I love you so much!

Ole Blue The Heretic said...

Happy Anniversary and may you have many more Happy Aniversaries and Happy years

Bill Purdy said...

Wow! What an anniversary!

Congrats to you and Katy, first of all. You guys are great together (but you already know that).

And congrats to your dad, too. I moved that day, so I missed all of it. But I remember being very happy to hear about his eventual recovery -- and it's always great to see him when I come to town.

And yes, I miss you too. While I'll probably be in NC a while longer, I still like playing Xbox with you -- as long as it isn't hockey (though I'm open to hockey, again, I have to admit).

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

Collin said...

Happy Anniversary guys!

Tom Sobernheim said...

On this Anniversary date:
Happy Anniversary to great friends Patrick and Katy..

On this date, 10 years ago I felt true relief and excitment to know that the man who is like a second father to me, made it through his surgery.

And to a friend and his family, that we all hope will be back in Colorado someday.. Optimism is a good thing.

Pat Angello said...

PK - Aw, Baby - yer the BEST!

OBH - Thanks for the kind words.

BP - I love you, but not like that.

C - Thanks!

TS - Spoken in true Tom fashion!

PammyJean said...

Since you're truly 2 of my favorite people in the world (just sad I didn't meet you earlier), I couldn't be happier for you to celebrate all that is good in your life.

8 down, 70 or so to go!

Derek Knight said...

congratulations!

Everything you ever wanted to know about Pat Angello - sorry!