Sunday, May 14, 2006

GOOOOAAAAALLLLL – Weight!

OK, so my lovely wife and I joined LA Weight Loss in October and have been sticking to the plan somewhat regularly. I have unofficially hit my goal weight and have started the stabilization phase where I get to add back portions of certain foods each week. Then I will go on to the maintenance phase and start getting some money back!

Before I get to the BEFORE and AFTER pics, here are some stats for ya:

  • Total weight lost = about 43 pounds
  • Inches lost from neck = 1
  • Inches lost from chest = 3
  • Inches lost from waist = 5.5

I’ve gone from XL shirts to Mediums and from squeezing my fat belly into size 38" pants to having a little room in size 34" pants. My blood pressure has gone down from 148/98 to 128/82!

OK, so how about some pics?

BEFORE:


















Like I needed cake!
















Face sufficiently stuffed!


AFTER:



















Face no longer stuffed!













Lots of room in my former fat jeans - and these are 36"!


Yes it costs money, sure it’s a little intimidating at first, but it was totally worth it! Honestly, people that I haven’t seen in months say to me, "Wow! You look GREAT!" And ya know what? I can’t get enough of it!

Katy has lost almost the same amount and she looks great, but she wants to keep going. The people at LAWL are great and I would certainly recommend it to anyone that is interested in learning proper eating habits, lowering their blood pressure and cholesterol, and wanting to not feel like a slug anymore.

Sure I’m gloating, but you’ll just have to live with it for now!

7 comments:

Ole Blue The Heretic said...

Congrats on the weight loss! I have not been to the gym in a month or more and my pants are getting tight!

Gogol said...

congratulations!
what is the LA Weight Loss "formula", is about eating a certain way (low carb?), or is it just group exercise? Curious...

Pat Angello said...

OBH - Thanks! I haven't worked out much either, other than jumping on an elliptical trainer every now and then.

Gogol - Exercise is encouraged, but not mandatory. Basically it's about controlling portions and eating better food - fresh meats, veggies and fruits - and making sure you are eating something every 2-3 hours throughout the day so you never crash.

Bill Purdy said...

LAWL is a pretty good program. I signed up in January and have lost about 35-36 pounds since.

I adhered very strictly to the program at the beginning, but have since faded into a "sensible portions" mode -- basically, "maintenance mode," as Patrick describes it. I don't eat much of the LAWL "candy" (a pretty good-tasting "energy bar"), nor do I do any of the supplements. I go in just once a week (often less, actually) to be weighed and to chat it up with the very nice staff down there. I find I lose weight pretty quickly if I combine the program with exercise, which for me is an hour on the elliptical, five days a week. When I don't exercise, and keep the diet consistent, I don't lose weight, but I do maintain it. Take that for what it's worth.

LAWL is sort of pricey, I think, but you'll save the cost of a year on the program in fast food and other junky extras in the first month and a half. It's worth it if you plan to stick with it.

Cangrats, Patrick! Ya look good, buddy!

Derek Knight said...

hooray for you! I've been up and down weight-wise for the last 12 years (fluxuating between 170 and 270) so I know how good it feels to be at a "goal weight." Gosh, I miss that feeling...Fine work to you and that wife of yours!

Pat Angello said...

Billy - Thanks! Glad you are getting on track.

D - Hasn't your wife inspired you at all?

Dody's World said...

Congrats Pat! You and Katy both look fabulous. I know how hard it is but I don't you feel much better! LAWL sounds much better than Slim for Life which worked for the most part but was really too restrictive.

Everything you ever wanted to know about Pat Angello - sorry!