Friday, April 07, 2006

Sweet Day!


For starters, it’s been a rough week. I guess this unemployed thing and my 37th birthday kinda hit me hard on Monday and, well, we’ll just say it was a tough day. However, I did realize a few things that day.

  • I have a great family
  • I have great friends
  • I have the greatest wife in the world

Yesterday, for my birthday, I woke up and received breakfast in bed. From our dog. OK, not really, but sorta. My wife brought up yogurt and grapes. I know that doesn’t sound very exciting, but I wanted to save my proteins and starches for lunch and dinner. Hey, the yogurt had a candle in it and everything!

I opened the card and my wife wrote that she was taking the day off so we could spend the day together. That was a great surprise! She also bought me the Kelly Clarkson CD (SHUDDAP! I asked for it!), which I wanted mostly for the song Walk Away – mostly.

So I checked my email and got 4 e-cards! Thanks to Dejo, ML, Francine and Jerrilynn. You guys are awesome – totally didn’t expect it!

My wife and I then went off to visit my brother. He was painting the inside of a house and we were going to give him our old dishes. Oh yeah – my other gift from my wife, though she didn’t quite realize it at the time, was a new set of every day dishes! They are flat black and square. They ROCK! So, anyway, my brother TOTALLY got me on 4/1 by telling me he shaved his head and changed his look. He didn’t. And that was almost the only reason we wanted to see him! Anyway, he looks a little like Kenny Rogers right now, so we wouldn’t exactly complain if he, ya know, cut his hair a little.

Then it was off to the driving range. Let’s just say we both have a lot of work to do before we actually hit the links for real. Guh! But it was fun anyway.

After a quick weigh-in at LAWL, we went out for sushi! YAY! Actually, I had sushi the night before as well when we met Renee and her new boy Craig for dinner before the Avs game. Stinkin’ Avs lost, but kick-ass Craig bought us all sushi. Word!

Katy and I went home for a bit, and then went to see V for Vendetta thanks to a movie gift card from her dad and step-mom. The movie was actually pretty good, but I have a thing about characters who wear masks with a single expression. The Goblin in the first Spiderman movie totally bugged me. This one bugged a little, but I still really liked the flick.

We went home after the movie, but my wife had a meeting that night. I kissed her goodbye and headed to my parents house as they were taking me out to dinner at Del Frisco steak house. WOOT! After we were sitting there for about 5 minutes, my lovely wife came walking up to the table. Surprise number 2 – she ditched her meeting to have dinner with us! She’s even the president of the chapter and STILL skipped it for me. Awww! Dinner was awesome and my parents are the best.

So, that was about it. I just have to say, I feel truly blessed no matter what my current employment situation is, or lack thereof.

Thanks baby!

4 comments:

Triman said...

Happy Birthday dood. Have a better week. Your wife sounds cool.

Bill Purdy said...

Buddy, that's one hell of a great picture.

Happy birfday, again!

Princess Katy said...

Baby, I love you more than anything in the world! I'm glad you had a good birfday!

Collin said...

Sounds like an awesome day! I'm glad you had a great time.

Just curious, but have you ever been by www.oddtodd.com ?

Everything you ever wanted to know about Pat Angello - sorry!