Saturday, February 11, 2006

I’m depressed!


No, it’s not because I’m looking for a job. I actually kind of enjoy being a house husband for now! I make my wife dinner, spend time with my puppy, and get to watch tons of Maury and Jerry. (While I’m here, can someone tell me how you can test 14 guys to see who your baby dad is and STILL not know? I mean, how many different guys can you shtoink in a week? Maybe I don’t want to know!) Oh, and the Family Channel has back-to-back episodes of Grounded for Life on at 2 – WOOT! Besides, the job search is busy, which is good. I have a lot of things up in the air and hopefully one will pan out soon.

OK, so why am I upset? Well, I somehow missed the series finale of Arrested Development. I literally almost cried last night when I realized this!

It’s not exactly my fault, but it kind of is. I mean, it was on the cover of the TV Listings book we got in the newspaper, and I made a MENTAL note that is was on Friday. But we went out to dinner, and I forgot it was on, and I forgot to record it.

(Side note here: another perk to being unemployed is your employed buddies pay for everything! We have some money, so we’re not destitute right now, but Brett bought dinner last night and I certainly didn’t expect it. That was really nice of him. It probably helped that there was another unemployed person at the table. And people refuse to let me argue. So, OK then! This doesn’t mean I want to stay unemployed, but I just might ride it a little.)

I blame FOX. Damn them for: 1) showing 2 hours/4 freakin’ episodes of the show back-to-back-to-back-to-back; 2) airing the show on a Friday of all nights; 3) simply not putting the show on for 4 final weeks during it’s normal time slot! The critically acclaimed show has won Emmy’s and this is how they let it ride off into the sunset? On the wrong night – a FRIDAY night? Opposite the opening ceremonies of the Olympics? I hate you FOX – I hate you like the Raiders and Red Wings combined with Bill Walton and Phil Simms added. I hate you like split pea soup! I hate you like Skating with Celebrities! I hate you like people who drive 40 MPH in the fast lane! I hate you like kids who wear their baseball caps cocked to the side! I hate you like Paris Hilton! Have I made my point yet?

Anyway, I am begging and pleading to anyone who recorded the show – please, please, please help me! I will do whatever it takes: wash your dog, car, or cat; clean your house; burn you the Morningwood CD; give you a personal puppet performance; make you dinner; send you an autographed PAFC flyer – WHATEVER IT TAKES!

God bless you all, and damn FOX to hell!

2 comments:

Derek Knight said...

Please, you know Collin can get ahold of it.

As long as he's not busy being sued, that is...heh.

Bill Purdy said...

I have em all on my DVR, little buddy. And I remembered I have a functional and almost brand-new VCR in a box in my attic. If someone else doesn't come through for ya, then I think we just might be able to work something out.

Everything you ever wanted to know about Pat Angello - sorry!