Gettin’ freaky! Yep, tonight is the night – FREAK TRAIN! So, if ya wanna watch me make a complete ass out of myself in front of 200 people, head out to the Bug Theatre on 37th and Navajo at 8PM Monday night, 1/30/06!
Also, good news for those of you who can’t ever make it to my Monday performances: I will probably start doing stand-up on Friday’s! There is a place called Kazmo’s that has an open mike night late on Friday – starts around 10PM. I’m not sure when I’ll get down there yet, but I’ll let you all know! Probably on 2/10/06.
Meanwhile, back to the blogedy:
Not another! Again, a well-written and entertaining show has been yanked. No, not Emily’s Reasons Why Not, because that show sucked like a Dyson on steroids. The Book of Daniel has been "dropped" but not canceled. What’s the difference? I have no idea. All I know is I was extremely disappointed when it wasn’t on last Friday. So the whiney conservative extra-right condemned the show without actually watching it – am I supposed to care? Hey, it’s on late, and if you don’t like it, there are 500 other channels with nothing on! Here’s what else you can watch:
- NUMB3RS – did you know that this guy could tell you the probability of where your mucus will land when you sneeze? Yeah, he’s THAT good!
- 20/20 – because it’s always so, you know, entertaining. If you’re in your 70’s. (No offense, mom and dad!)
- (Insert mediocre 3-year-old comedy film here) on TBS.
- Best Week Ever on VH-1 – watch "celebrities" (aka some girl who rode a bike in a Dentyne commercial once) make quirky comments about Lidsay Lohan’s new highlights. "She looks like a zebra with a boob job." FUNNY!
- Meet the Barkers on MTV – no, not BOB Barker. But I’m sure the tattooed love boy will have no problem showing you his skinny microphone.
- What Not to Wear on TLC – gay men are hilarious! Especially when they tell a pretty girl how trashy she looks!
- Will and Grace on Lifetime - gay men are hilarious! Especially when they tell a pretty girl how trashy she looks!
- MASH on Hallmark – because we haven’t seen every single episode 14,000 times already! I swear I can recite the dialogue in my sleep. Then again, Klinger could probably spend a little time on What Not to Wear.
- The Daily Show with John Stewart – um, never mind.
- What’s Happening on TV Land – hey, hey, hey, that Dee KILLS me!
OK, there are your choices. You could have watched a very well written show on NBC, or you could tune into garbage. NBC: We’re the next FOX!
There will be more later. For now, I hope to see you at the Bug Theatre tonight! Or, you can check out my OTHER blogs in the nifty new space I created on the right called, um, Pat Angello’s Other Blogs/Sites.