Merry Christmas! And Happy Hanukah! And Joyous
To start, my wife and I have recently moved out of a house that was located in a Griswold cul de sac. Every neighbor would go a little over the top on Christmas decorations, so we have a lot – A LOT – of lights, etc. When we found out that our new apartment complex was having a contest for decorating your patio/deck, Katy said, "We are SO gonna win that!" Here’s what you are seeing:
- Left side is a small blue tree
- Right side (in front) are 3 bushes with lights
- Right side (up the walk) are 3 small green trees with stars
- Right side far right is an angel blowing a horn
- Railing has a multi-colored lighted cord
- Ceiling has white and blue globes and white snowflakes
- Lower part has icicles
- Left in middle of balcony is a white and orange star
- Right in middle on balcony is "Happy Holidays" sign that blinks red and green
- Railing has multi-colored lights
Just in case you think THIS is excessive, we have 3 more strands of icicles (two have recently burnt out, so we really had 5 more), another set of small colored lights, and 4 strands of larger bulb multi-colored lights. Yeah, it could be worse.
Another reason to celebrate? IT’S ALMOST MY 1-YEAR BLOGGIVERSARY! The Pat Angello Fan Club was created on 12/17/04 and (combined with my other blogs) I’ve had nearly 200 posts! Also, I have an all-music blog, a fiction blog, a blog for a story I swear I will write one day, a brand spankin’ new Colorado Avalanche blog, and I contribute to The Bitter Buffalo (Bill’s blog). So, how about we celebrate with another contest? This time, we’ll do a bit of an odd trivia contest. The prize: a 4-CD set I call "The Danny Discs." These are mixed CD’s I made for my nephew when he turned 15 and they feature some of my all-time 75 favorite tunes! The rules are simple: email (firstname.lastname@example.org) the answers to the following 10 questions. Whoever gets the most right WINS! If there is a tie, a name will be selected from a hat. The contest will CLOSE at midnight on Friday, 12/16/05 and the winner will be announced on Sunday, 12/18/05 in the newsletter. Ready? OK!
- Other than the fact that they are retired African-American football players, what do Riley Odoms and Alan Page have in common?
- What brand of guitar does Dave Mustaine play?
- Who scored the last goal ever on Patrick Roy?
- What was the first sentence I wrote on this blog?
- On my music blog, who did I say is going to be the next big band from
- Name 5 albums by Devo.
- What was Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf’s original name?
- Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?
- What did I dress as for Halloween this year?
- Who wore #82 for the Broncos from 1975-79?
OK, you have until Friday at midnight to email (email@example.com) your answers to me. Please do NOT answer these questions in the comments section.
A newsletter is coming tomorrow!