Sunday, December 11, 2005

Let's CELEBRATE!


Merry Christmas! And Happy Hanukah! And Joyous Kwanza! And (insert semi-religious gift-giving December holiday here)!

To start, my wife and I have recently moved out of a house that was located in a Griswold cul de sac. Every neighbor would go a little over the top on Christmas decorations, so we have a lot – A LOT – of lights, etc. When we found out that our new apartment complex was having a contest for decorating your patio/deck, Katy said, "We are SO gonna win that!" Here’s what you are seeing:

DOWNSTAIRS

  • Left side is a small blue tree
  • Right side (in front) are 3 bushes with lights
  • Right side (up the walk) are 3 small green trees with stars
  • Right side far right is an angel blowing a horn
  • Railing has a multi-colored lighted cord
  • Ceiling has white and blue globes and white snowflakes

UPSTAIRS

  • Lower part has icicles
  • Left in middle of balcony is a white and orange star
  • Right in middle on balcony is "Happy Holidays" sign that blinks red and green
  • Railing has multi-colored lights

Just in case you think THIS is excessive, we have 3 more strands of icicles (two have recently burnt out, so we really had 5 more), another set of small colored lights, and 4 strands of larger bulb multi-colored lights. Yeah, it could be worse.

Another reason to celebrate? IT’S ALMOST MY 1-YEAR BLOGGIVERSARY! The Pat Angello Fan Club was created on 12/17/04 and (combined with my other blogs) I’ve had nearly 200 posts! Also, I have an all-music blog, a fiction blog, a blog for a story I swear I will write one day, a brand spankin’ new Colorado Avalanche blog, and I contribute to The Bitter Buffalo (Bill’s blog). So, how about we celebrate with another contest? This time, we’ll do a bit of an odd trivia contest. The prize: a 4-CD set I call "The Danny Discs." These are mixed CD’s I made for my nephew when he turned 15 and they feature some of my all-time 75 favorite tunes! The rules are simple: email (patangello@aol.com) the answers to the following 10 questions. Whoever gets the most right WINS! If there is a tie, a name will be selected from a hat. The contest will CLOSE at midnight on Friday, 12/16/05 and the winner will be announced on Sunday, 12/18/05 in the newsletter. Ready? OK!

  1. Other than the fact that they are retired African-American football players, what do Riley Odoms and Alan Page have in common?
  2. What brand of guitar does Dave Mustaine play?
  3. Who scored the last goal ever on Patrick Roy?
  4. What was the first sentence I wrote on this blog?
  5. On my music blog, who did I say is going to be the next big band from Colorado?
  6. Name 5 albums by Devo.
  7. What was Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf’s original name?
  8. Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?
  9. What did I dress as for Halloween this year?
  10. Who wore #82 for the Broncos from 1975-79?

OK, you have until Friday at midnight to email (patangello@aol.com) your answers to me. Please do NOT answer these questions in the comments section.

A newsletter is coming tomorrow!

5 comments:

Sus said...

Dang kids, that's impressive! *LOL* How's the house search coming along?

Dody's World said...

Yeah but is it set to music??

Pat Angello said...

Um, no - not posted to music. But we are keeping the neighbors awake with it!

Collin said...

Very festive. What's the prize for the complex contest?

Pat Angello said...

Prize for the complex, I have no idea. Probably a bag of coffee.

Everything you ever wanted to know about Pat Angello - sorry!