Sunday, November 06, 2005

PAFC Newsletter, 11/6/05


It’s all about dominance. That’s right – Purdy has been pushing, no, BEGGING me to get my router functioning again so we can commence in the latest version of the greatest X-Box live game ever invented: NHL 2K6. After this weekend, when I finally got back online (since June!), I think Mr. P. is sorry he kept after me. 6-1, 5-0, and 7-1. I think I heard whimpering over the communicator, but I’m sure he’ll claim it was the sound of his upset son. “How come my shots can’t get through, but yours go right through 2 players on my team?” I simply answered, “I’m timing my poke-checks when you shoot.” Frustration in NC was high, and the giggles in Denver were abundant. When yer ass heals, I’ll be ready to re-chap it for you, Purdy Boi.

In a related note, a high school basketball team in Oklahoma got smoked this week. Final score: 112-2. At least they didn’t get shut out, huh, Purdy?

Going back to the stone ages! The mayor of Las Vegas has an idea to stop graffiti – cut off the thumbs of the culprits on TV. I kinda like this idea, but where will it stop? I mean, what’s the penalty for being just plain stupid?

OK, I saw this headline and had to post it: “Hong Kong Thief Pinches 70 Hairy Crabs.” In my house, this doesn’t mean what you think it means.

Sorry, but this is really cool! A dog in Helsinki is trained to sniff-out corpses under water! Just today I watched my dog sniff the exact same spot in the grass for about 3 minutes, and all I wanted her to do was pick a spot to pinch a hairy crab.

People in Kansas are dumb. There, I said it. They ultra-conservatives are fighting to keep an evolution museum from opening. Apparently science and facts are a farce, but written fables from 2000 years ago can be followed to the letter. OK, so didn’t Adam and Eve have 2 boys? And didn’t one kill the other? So, where did the rest of us come from?

Bees attacked a bunch of kids in Baltimore. The kids were on a nature trip and, um, tripped over a beehive. Ha-ha!

Reality TV at it’s worst! (Isn't that redundant?) There is a new show coming that basically puts a camera in a gorilla area at a zoo. I have a feeling a hairy crab will hit the fan.

Sorry, shorty today. However, I saw two, count ‘em, TWO movies this weekend. So, ya know, reviews are coming.

6 comments:

Bill Purdy said...

If you need me, I'll be in the other room softly crying to myself.

Pat Angello said...

Note: I must gloat simply because BILL ALWAYS WINS! I lost about 157 games in a row to him when we shared an apartment. I had a 3-goal lead with 5 minutes to go only to lose in overtime. I then stomped on my controller and threw it off a 3rd story balcony. Something I'm not proud of, but I have to talk when I can.

Derek Knight said...

well...Way to go.

yep, it's me.... said...

say, you link to cheese mom and oreo cookie? awesome!
hey ... wait a minute... if you're here to tell us all about stupid people, and you've linked my blog... um, what're you trying to say?!?!?


;)
thanks for popping in - and not even on a half nekkid thursday!

Bill Purdy said...

Velma's blog is amusing... check it out if you have a few minutes.

btw, I'm back on track, 1-3 with a bullet. I played the Thrash in alternate (Carolina blue? huh?) unis last night, to Pat's Winnipeg Coyotes (Phoenix with vintage Jats sweaters), and took a 1-0 lead a minute and a half in that I never relinquished. Final score from Atlanta: 5-3.

The difference? Somehow, Pat's players didn't stop the puck by merely being in the vicinity of my players. Accordingly, I got some good looks at the goal, some of which went in. I'm wondering if my XBox controller doesn't have some sort of difficulty switch (like tho old-timey Atari controllers) that I inadvertently left on. That might be the only good explanation for the opening day anomaly Pat describes in his showboaty, TO-like post.

Pat Angello said...

So, what are you doing tonight, wimpy?

Everything you ever wanted to know about Pat Angello - sorry!