Thursday, April 07, 2005

Sin City

I’ll admit it – I have never read or even seen the Frank Miller comic books so I had no idea what to expect in this movie. I read some reviews (most were positive) and saw that this was going to be a very gory film. But the all-star cast and the stunning visual trailer told me I needed to see it. Besides, it’s rated R – no kids!

I’ll just go ahead and say it – this is a visually spectacular film. It really looks like a comic book due to the makeup and green screen the actors are working in front of. I really liked the black-and-white with certain things in color theme. And how can you resist Clive Owen, Bruce Willis, Rosario Dawson, Brittany Murphy, Benicio Del Toro, Jessica Alba, Nick Stahl, Rutger Hauer, Steve Buscemi, Josh Hartnett, Michael Madsen, Kate Bosworth, Mickey Rourke, and Elija Wood all in the same flick? This is what happens when the director of Spy Kids (Robert Rodriguez) teams up with Quentin Tarantino. A magical gore fest! And I’m not a big fan of Tarantino! But since the over-the-top violence in Kill Bill, I’ve started to like the guy!

I loved the heavy narration in the film and just the overall odd look. Be prepared for about 8 different ways to castrate a guy, but also be prepared to see an incredible film.

3.5 out of 5!

No comments:

Everything you ever wanted to know about Pat Angello - sorry!